Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rapture

I should have posted this about a month ago or so.  Anyways, when the rapture was supposedly happening it really got me thinking.  We don’t really know when Jesus will come back, and people were freaking out about the rapture, almost anxious.  I wasn’t worried, but it did make me think about what I would do if the rapture was tomorrow.  This feeling of impatience and excitement started brewing inside me.  It made me realize we shouldn’t live that anxiousness when someone predicts the rapture; we should live that anxiousness every day.  Like Jesus is coming back tomorrow.  We should be living like Him and spreading His word.  The first things I thought about were my family and friends that didn’t know Him, and how if the rapture was coming tomorrow, I would tell them about Jesus.  We should live that anxiousness and excited anticipation every single day not just when falsely predicted.  A fellow Pepperdine student ends many of his prayers wishing that Jesus would come back tomorrow or today or even before the prayer is over, that’s how we should really live.
-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment